Stats & Ranking:
• NIRF 2019: Ranked 25th
• Established in 1964
• 328 Acres Campus
• By Air:
Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi Airport is about 185 kms
• By Railways:
Loharu Railway Station is 26 KM away from Pilani
• By Road:
Around 4-5 hour journey from Delhi
• Institute Fees+ Hostel fees+ Mess fees Total – Rs 1,70,000
• Total B.Tech cost: Rs. 16 Lakh
Mode of Admission:
• One needs to take the BITSAT examination and fulfill the BITS Admissions eligibility
• Admissions are done on the basis of score in BITSAT through BITS Counselling.
Cutoff, Streams Offered and Seat Matrix
• In total, comprises of around 1200 seats with varied streams such as
• Computer Science has 180 seats.
• Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Chemical
Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering each have around 100 seats each.
• 2nd Year tak Science vala course khatam ho jata hai in M.Sc. Courses and then you
complete your B.E. Degree.
• In 1st year, around 50% of students are in the 4 Year Courses, and other 50% in 5
• For Branch Change in the 2nd year, you need to get above 8.5 CGPA in CSE, 7.5
CGPA in EEE, ENE, etc.
• Recommendation: Choose a 5 Year Course only when you’re interested in a
particular M.Sc. subject. If you wanna get a business perspective, opt for
• Average CGPA revolves around 7, 4 is lowest and 10 is the highest.
• You get to make your own timetable, college is 6 days a week.
• If you’re a late riser, you can modify the timetable according to your own will.
• There are a lot of electives to choose from, classes and courses, sab kuch choose
kar sakte hain, so a lot of independence.
• 3 compulsory core subjects, rest, you can choose.
|Degrees program in Pilani Campus||Cut off BITSAT- 2019 Score|
|B.E. Electrical & Electronic||341|
|B.E. Computer Science||383|
|B.E. Electronics & Intrumentation||328|
|M.Sc. Biological Science||265|
• Swimming Pool
• In the field of sports, the college provides facilities like Basketball Court, Cricket
Ground, Football Stadium, Badminton Court
• Tennis Courts and Volleyball court, Squash, Hockey Ground
• Fully equipped gymnasium
• There are TT tables and Badminton nets in Hostels
• This year the overall average CTC turned out to be 15 Lakh INR.
• Average package for CSE was 22 lakhs
• Average package of core branches were between 7-8 lakhs
• Highest paying package was of INR 92 lakhs (International)
• Apple, Microsoft, Google were among the other high payers with packages above
30 Lakh INR.
• This college has okayish placements for core branches.
• Anybody can sit for placements, a person from core branch can also sit for
placements of Software Profiles.
• No Attendance Rule
• You have to be inside the campus before 8 at Night.
• Restaurants are open till 2 AM in the midnight.
• Big library with around 2.3 Lakh books, open till 2 AM. Open after 12 AM during
• Prominent eating places are the Institute Cafeteria (IC), Looters, C’not Street,
Talk of the Town and the All – Night Canteen (ANC – functional usually till 3 AM)
• There are a number of good street and local shops in C’not, groceries are also
• Healthcare Centers and ATMs and banks are also present
• All the faculty is extremely Qualified, around 40% of them are really good
• 80% of them hold PHDs
• Research culture is quite good
• Classes are recorded, so you can sit in your hostel room and watch all the lectures
at your convenience
• BITS Pilani has 11 Boys’ hostels and 1 Girls’ Hostel
• Don’t consider this as a bad ratio as the Girls’ Hostel is very big and is almost equal
to the size of 4 Boys’ Hostels.
• Boys: Girls Ratio is 6:1 😉
• Hostels are called Bhavans
• Double Occupancy rooms in 1st year for both girls and boys, you can choose you
roommate in 2nd year
• Big and Spacious Rooms with 2 Beds (without mattresses), 2 tables, and 2
• Students generally opt for Single Rooms in 3rd Year & 4th Year.
• Hostel has WiFi, but there is a 5 GB Limit, and speed is bad to okay.
• WhatsApp Instagram was banned initially, but the ban was lifted soon.
• Dhobi System and Laundromat as well.
• No curfew timings, no restriction on girls and boys, you can roam around the
campus even at 2 AM.
• Non-Veg is made everyday except but it is paid. However, you get eggs in breakfast
everyday and non-veg on Sunday.
• South Indian Cuisine is very good as well.
• You can get Ice Cream from Baskin Robbins
• Food is nice overall, you’d like it.
• Mr. Anant Maheshwari: President, Microsoft India
• Mr. Anil Goel: CTO, OYO Rooms
• Mr. Baba Kalyani: Billionaire, Chairman, Bharat Forge
• Mr. S. P. Kothari: Senior Professor at MIT
• Mr. Sabeer Bhatia: Co-founded hotmail.com, sold it for $400 Million
• Mr. Amitabh Chaudhry: MD, CEO, Axis Bank
• Possibly the best alumni network you’re gonna find!
• OASIS is one of the largest Cultural Fest in India hosted by BITS Pilani
• Amit Trivedi, Zakir Khan, Abhishek Upmanyu, Biswa Kalyan Rath, Imtiaz Ali,
Nucleya & Shankar Mahadevan have performed here in the previous years.
• If you want to have fun outside the campus, you’d be disappointed as there are no
malls and restaurants nearby and the weather is very extreme here.
• Join BITS Pilani if you aspire to stay in a pool of highly ambitious students and
develop your skills along the way. Great Faculty & Placements are like a cherry on
the top. Because of the freedom given by the Institute, students are generally very
happy and content here. They enjoy their 4 Years at BITS-P followed by a
successful professional life in future.