Stats & Ranking:
NIRF 2019: Top 200 Universities
Established in 2011
52 Acres Campus
From Indira Gandhi International Airport, Distance to GU is around 90 Kms.
Distance from New Delhi Railway Station to GU is around 60 Kms.
If travelling by metro, use Aqua Line to get down on Knowledge Park 2 Metro Station, from
where it is a 5 minutes walk. You’ll have to travel on Yamuna Expressway towards Lucknow
for reaching the campus.
Mode of Admission:
Minimum 60% marks in PCM in 12th with minimum 40%ile or upto 5 Lakh rank in JEE Mains
Qualifying Galgotias Engineering Entrance Exam with minimum 50% in PCM and 60%
aggregate in Class XII
Institute Fee: Rs. 1,60,000
Hostel Fees+ Mess Fees: Rs. 1,40,000
Institute Fees(for all branches): Rs. 1,60,000 Total: Rs 3,00,000
Institute Fees(for specialization branches): Rs. 1,80,000
Hostel Fees(AC): Rs. 1,40,000
Hostel Fees(non AC): Rs. 1,10,000
• Computer Science & Engineering
• Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
• Computer Science and Engineering (Cyber Security)
• Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning)
• Computer Science and Engineering (Internet of Things and Cyber Security Including
Block Chain Technology)
• Computer Science and Engineering (Gaming Technology)
• Computer Science and Business Systems
• Computer Science & Engineering (Cloud Computing & virtualization)
• Electrical Engineering
• Electrical & Electronics Engineering
• Electronics & Communication Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Automobile Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• 50% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing upto 4000th rank in the JEE.
• 50% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing upto 100th rank in the UPSEE.
• 25% tuition fee waiver as scholarship for students securing 93% aggregate / PCM and
above in class 12 or 80% marks in graduation.
This exam is given by about 12,000 students every year.
|GUEE Rank 1 to 10||75% Tuition fee waiver|
|GUEE Rank 11 to 20||50% Tuition fee waiver|
|GUEE Rank 21 to 30||25% Tuition fee waiver|
Airtel, Axis Bank, Cognizant, HP, IBM, Infosys, Tech Mahindra and Wipro are the major
recruiters. A bulk of the students are placed with mass recruiters.
Average package for software profiles revolves around 3-3.5 LPA.
The highest package for other branches is around 6 LPA, while the average is 2.75 LPA.
Last year, 4 students were placed in Amazon at 30 LPA; while 1 was placed in Microsoft at
35 LPA CTC.
Also, 2 seniors were selected for GSoC this year, so, coding culture is improving day by
• Double seater rooms which are allotted on first-come-first-serve basis.
• There are 84 rooms on 1 floor, and there are 10 floors in the hostel. So, a total of
• There’s a Pool Table, Air Hockey, Foosball, Table Tennis and Squash, all are
present in the hostel premises.
• Also, there’s a TV room, Yoga Room, Dancing Room and Theater Room.
• Also, students can play Badminton, Cricket, Basketball, Football & Hockey.
• The condition of hostels are good, but there are minor issues with the hostel lift
• Only vegetarian mess is there.
• Food is edible, just like any other mess.
• Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks & Dinner is provided.
• Both North & South Indian food is provided. Paneer is given once a week.
• There’s a proper food court present in the University. There are about 15-16
shops, and everything including CCD, Pizzas, Pasta & Burgers are easily available.
• There’s a WH Smith store & a salon as well.
• Provision for tea and coffee is also there, known as ‘Adda’.
• There’s also a dhaba just outside the college.
• A centrally- air conditioned library with over 1,30,000 books
• 24×7 Internet Connectivity
• The faculty is very supportive and helpful, ONLY IF THE STUDENT IS WILLING TO
• If you want help with AI, ML, Big Data, etc. in the first year, the faculty is more than
happy to help you out.
• However, some are rude and aren’t that supportive as well.
• Most students are attending classes just for attendance, as there is a big issue of
attendance. 75% is mandatory, or you’re _. If it is less than 75% before midsems,
you’re not even allowed to give the end semester examinations.
Clubs & Societies:
• There are about 25-30 clubs and societies
• For eg. TechnoJam,in which workshops are conducted by Seniors for different skills
• CampCircle is the Photography Club, and is very active around the campus.
• There are regular guest lectures happening in the University
• UniFest is the annual cultural fest of Galgotias University. Guru Randhawa &
Akshay Kumar have performed here. Recently, Kartik Aaryan & Sara Ali Khan also
visited the University.
• Alum base is not that great, it is developing at a slow pace.
• You’ll have to sacrifice the city life, as the campus is situated in the middle of
• Galgotias College would be a better choice, if you’re getting it. It offers better
placements and better teachers. However, when it comes to enjoyment and
college life, Galgotias University is better.