Stats & Ranking:
• NIRF 2019: Ranked 2nd
• Established in 1961
• 320 Acres Campus
• By Air: 10 Km away from Indra Gandhi International Airport
• By Railways: 14 Km away from New Delhi Railway Station
• By Delhi Metro: 1 minute walk from IIT Metro Station
Institute Fee + Hostel Fees + Mess Fees: Total: Rs 1,24,450
Mode of Admission:
JEE-Main followed by JEE-Advanced
Apply through JoSAA Counselling/ CSAB Special Round
Streams offered, Seat Matrix & Cutoff
|Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering – Gender Neutral||54||2411||4403|
|Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering -Female Only||13||2512||6971|
|Chemical Engineering – Gender Neutral||66||1243||1940|
|Chemical Engineering – Female Only||15||2377||3932|
|Civil Engineering – Gender Neutral||97||1121||3429|
|Civil Engineering – Female Only||20||5115||5854|
|Computer Science and Engineering – Gender Neutral||75||2||93|
|Computer Science and Engineering – Female Only||16||233||465|
|Electrical Engineering – Gender Neutral||83||297||469|
|Electrical Engineering – Female Only||17||795||1676|
|Electrical Engineering (Power and Automation) – Gender Neutral||47||566||802|
|Electrical Engineering (Power and Automation) – Female Only||10||1957||2287|
|Engineering Physics – Gender Neutral||48||1018||2849|
|Engineering Physics – Female Only||12||4276||5946|
|Mathematics and Computing – Gender Neutral||57||97||314|
|Mathematics and Computing – Female Only||12||438||989|
|Mechanical Engineering – Gender Neutral||73||498||1222|
|Mechanical Engineering – Female Only||16||2875||4125|
|Production and Industrial Engineering – Gender Neutral||72||2081||3253|
|Production and Industrial Engineering – Female Only||15||4811||7047|
|Textile Technology – Gender Neutral||99||3937||6549|
|Textile Technology – Female Only||21||7440||9677|
• Wooden and Concrete Badminton Courts
• Clay and Synthetic Tennis Lawns
• Basketball, Football, Hockey and Cricket grounds
• Big lush Athletic ground
• Active participation in inter IIT sports meet.
• Every major company that recruits in India recruits from IIT Delhi
• This year the overall Average CTC turned out to be 13.6 Lakh INR.
• Avg. Package for CSE fluctuates around 18-19 lakhs INR.
• Microsoft offered highest paying packages of INR 1.5 crores.
• Microsoft provided maximum number of placement offers to 30 students including 2
international offers, followed by Intel which gave 27 domestic offers to the students.
• Other international offers include one from Uber USA and another from Squarepoint Singapore
• Other giant companies offering a quite good number of offers included Qualcomm with 16
offers and Goldman Sachs with 12 offers.
• Also, in 2018 placements, 43 students have bagged international offers from countries like
Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, USA and the European region.
• Uber India, Microsoft, JP Morgan, Google were among the other high payers with
packages above 30 Lakh INR.
• Faculty is extremely qualified, most of them hold PhDs from Foreign Universities
• Professors are always ready to help
• Great Research Culture
• Raised 500+ Crores in sponsored research funds.
• There are 11 Boys’ Hostels and 2 Girls’ Hostels
• Hostels are allotted by the system randomly
• For example, Udaigiri Hostel for boys has 2 Seater Rooms for 1st & 2nd year students,
Single Seater Rooms for 3rd & 4th year students.
• Kailash & Himadri Hostel for girls, 3 seater for 1st & 2nd year students, 2 seater rooms for
students in their 3rd & 4th years.
• Since 2009, due to a big influx of students, there is some shortage of hostels, i.e room
meant for 2 has been given to 3 students
• Almirah, Bed, Mirror, Fan, all the basic amenities, etc. are present
• Hostels have TV/Common room, Gym, Garden & Washing machines
• Hostels have Badminton Court, Cricket and Volleyball Ground, TT room, Cycle Stand, etc.
• Food taste depends upon the hostel
• Udaigiri & Zanskar Hostel offer great food
• Quality is maintained and Food is hygienic
• Breakfast is the best meal except on Sunday, when you generally get Chole-
• Big Library with 1.9 lakhs Books
• Eateries like Amul, Nescafe, HPMC, Nirvaha Café, etc. are there too
• Mother Dairy & Safal Stores
• Rajdhani Food Center & Night Messes
• Stationery Shops, Banks, 24×7 Medical Facilities & Photo Studio
• Mr. Vinod Khosla: Co-Founder, Sun Microsystems
• Mr. Rajat Gupta: ex Managing Director, McKinsey & Company
• Mr. Sachin Bansal, Mr. Binny Bansal: Executive Chairman of Flipkart
• Chetan Bhagat: Author of Books like 5 Point Someone, The 3 Mistakes of my Life which
have sold millions of copies worldwide
• Mr. Raghuram Rajan: Indian Economist
• Ms. Kiran Bedi: Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry
• Possibly the best alumni network that any engineering college has to offer
• All IIT-D alumni put together are the 4th largest producers of unicorn start-ups in the world, after Stanford, Harvard, and the University of California.
• IIT Delhi alumni have managed to create 14 out of 24Indian unicorns.
• Recently, IIT Delhi formally launched its global alumni endowment fund with an initial commitment of Rs250 crore
• Prof. V Ramgopal Rao is the Director, IIT-Delhi. Under his leadership, the Institute continues to break records in every field at National & International Levels.
• Annual cultural college fest is called RENDEZVOUS.
• Shankar Mahadevan, Zakir Khan, Arijit Singh, Vishal Dadlani & Salim Merchant
have previously performed here.
Possibly the best Institute in the country, consider yourself really lucky if you are able to
secure an admit to IIT Delhi. It is a phenomenal experience, and IIT Delhi manages to
check all boxes of being the perfect college in India.