NIRF 2019: Ranked 7th
23 km from Guwahati Airport (50 min)
Institute Fees + Hostel Fees+ Mess Fees: Rs. 1,49,530 (Per Semester)
Mode of Admission:
JEE-Main followed by JEE-Advanced
Apply through JoSAA Counselling
As far as research is concerned, the level of IITG faculty is way below older IITs.
here are some extremely good teachers and then there are some who do not take even
their classes regularly.
Streams offered and Seat Matrix:
• 400 m grass track
• 2 long jump pits
• Pole vault arena
• Olympic sized swimming pool
• 3 basketball courts in the campus
• 10 badminton courts
• 2 tough pitched cricket grounds, with floodlights and a practice arena with five
• International standard football ground
• 2 magnificent Hockey grounds
• 4 hard courts for Lawn Tennis
• Wooden squash ground
• every hostel has a T.T. table, along with 6 tables present in the Table Tennis room
• Weightlifting room
• 3 Volleyball courts
Highest International Package offered in IIT Guwahati was Rs. 1.51 crore by UBER and
Rs. 1.06 crore by MICROSOFT.
As far as domestic placements at IIT Guwahati are concerned, the highest salary offered
was Rs. 44 lakh per annum by Tower Research.
On Day 1, 200 students secured job offers in top companies. Some of the top recruiters
were OLA, Myntra, EXL, Barclays, SAP Labs, Sprinklr, Goldman Sachs, Qualcomm, Intel
Students from the premier institute have received offers from companies to the likes of
Microsoft (19 offers), Uber, Goldman Sachs (9 offers), JPMC (9 offers), IBM, Nutanix,
American Express, Quadeye, Oracle (14 offers), Bajaj, Google, etc
Average Package stood at 15.57 LPA.
• Every student at IIT Guwahati is given a single room from semester 1 itself.
• The rooms are NOT air conditioned.
• The toilets and bathrooms are shared (3 of each for every 10 rooms on average).
• Mess, a canteen, a juice center, a stationary shop, a library, a TV room, and
• Older hostels have a private balcony and newer ones trading that balcony space for
more indoor space.
• Hostel food won’t be the same as home cooked food.
• Food is good though you might get bored after sometime.
• There are pretty lengthy lines during peak times
• Depending on your comfort, you can eat in any of the 12 hostels by selecting your
subscription every month.
2016 MECHANICAL ENGINEERING UPSC IES (AIR-1)
2017 CIVIL ENGINEERING UPSC IES TOPPER(AIR-1)
2018 CIVIL ENGINEERING AIR 01
Prof. Jitesh Panchal (1996 batch): Professor at Purdue University
Gobind Bansal (2002 batch): General Manager of Marks and Spencer