Stats & Ranking:
• NIRF 2019: Ranked 1st �
• Established in 1959
• 617 Acres Campus
• By Air: 14 Km away from Chennai International Airport, you can get direct flights
from all major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, etc.
• By Railways: 12 Km away from Chennai Central Railway Station
Institute Fee + Hostel Fees + Mess Fees: Total: Rs 1,47,215
Mode of Admission:
JEE-Main followed by JEE-Advanced
Apply through JoSAA Counselling
Streams offered, Seat Matrix & Cutoff
|Aerospace Engineering – Gender Neutral||44||2075||3612|
|Aerospace Engineering – Female Only||10||4805||6859|
|Chemical Engineering – Gender Neutral||81||1831||3308|
|Chemical Engineering – Female Only||18||4562||6314|
|Civil Engineering – Gender Neutral||89||2220||4839|
|Civil Engineering – Female Only||19||5710||7956|
|Computer Science and Engineering – Gender Neutral||60||90||188|
|Computer Science and Engineering – Female Only||13||349||690|
|Electrical Engineering – Gender Neutral||108||182||722|
|Electrical Engineering – Female Only||23||805||2074|
|Electrical Engineering – Gender Neutral||29||1537||2569|
|Electrical Engineering – Female Only||6||3181||5839|
|Mechanical Engineering – Gender Neutral||154||741||2032|
|Mechanical Engineering – Female Only||32||2721||4934|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering – Gender Neutral||47||3407||5112|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering -Female Only||10||7119||9332|
|Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering – Gender Neutral||54||4463||6618|
|Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering – Female Only||12||11311||12924|
• The Institute has play fields for football, hockey, cricket, volleyball, tennis and a
• A modern Gymnasium, indoor courts for shuttle and volleyball and a beautiful
swimming pool are the pride of Institute sports facility.
• Major emphasis on sports by the institute
• Most wins in inter IIT sports meet.
• Every major company that recruits in India recruits from IIT Madras
• This year the overall Average CTC turned out to be 13.6 Lakh INR.
• Avg. Package for CSE fluctuates around 20 lakhs INR.
• Highest package offered was INR 1.33 crores.
|BRANCH||Range of Offered Salary|
|Aerospace Engineering||Rs. 6.3 lakhs to Rs.29 lakhs per annum|
|Biotechnology||Rs. 6.5 lakhs to Rs.17.5 lakhs per annum|
|Chemical Engineering||Rs. 4.8 lakhs to Rs.32 lakhs per annum|
|Civil Engineering||Rs. 5.25 lakhs to Rs.17.5 lakhs per annum|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Rs. 9.1 lakhs to Rs.133.05 lakhs per annum|
|Electrical Engineering||Rs. 7 lakhs to Rs.39 lakhs per annum|
|Engineering Design||Rs. 7 lakhs to Rs.26 lakhs per annum|
|Mechanical Engineering||Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs.31 lakhs per annum|
|Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||Rs. 7 lakhs to Rs.32 lakhs per annum|
|Ocean Engineering||Rs. 6 lakhs to Rs.23 lakhs per annum|
|Physics||Rs. 8.4 lakhs to Rs.10 lakhs per annum|
• Faculty is extremely qualified
• Great Research Culture
• There are 20 hostels
• All students are given single rooms
• Each room is provided with a cot, a table, a chair, a bookshelf, and a ceiling fan (with
• A few rooms in the hostel are used for common facilities such as the Library,
Computer Room, Indoor Sports etc.
• Students can relax in the evenings or on holidays or spend their leisure time in the
Common Room which is equipped with a T.V, a music system, newspapers and
• 24*7 fast internet • Hostels have washing machines, vending machines, and 24*7 Canteen
• Mess food is great here, better than any other IIT or NIT
• Has separate North Indian and South Indian menu
• Food here has great variety
• Big Library with 1 lakh+ Books
• Transportation provided through mini-buses in campus.
• Campus has two shopping centres.
• Gift shop, patisserie shop and telecom centre
• 4 restaurants within the campus
• Stationery Shops, Banks, 24×7 Medical Facilities
• There is a tropical forest within the campus which provides shelter to free-range
• Mr. Bhaskar Ramamurthy: Director of IIT Madras
• Mr. Aanad Rajaraman: Prominent web and technology entrepreneur
• Kris Gopalkrishnan: Chairman of Axilor Ventures
• Mr. Venkatesan Guruswami: Professor at Carnegie Mellon University, USA
• Mrs. S. Sowmya: Famous singer and cofounder of Carnatica
• Annual cultural college fest is called SAARANG.
• Largest student run fest in India with 75000+ footfall.
• Shankar Mahadevan, DJ Olly Esse and When Chai met Toast have previously
Please don’t miss the opportunity of joining IIT Madras, this is one of the best
Institutions in the country, and if you can do well here, you are almost assured of
a very successful professional career.