Stats & Ranking
- NIRF 2019: Ranked 20th
- Established in 2009, so it is a new IIT
- 510 Acres Campus
• Dharamshala airport, Gaggal : 150 Kms (3.5 hours)
• Kullu airport, Bhuntar: 50 Kms (1.5 hours)
• Chandigarh airport: 214 Kms (6 hours)
By train: Travel by train up to Kiratpur Sahib by Delhi-Una Himachal express. It takes
approximately 3.5 hrs to reach Mandi from Kiratpur by road.
By bus/taxi: From ISBT Delhi, one can catch buses towards Manali or Mandi.
The road distance between Delhi and Mandi is ~475 km, and it takes approximately 12 hrs
Traveling by taxi or personal vehicle, reduces the journey time to 11 hrs.
Per Semester : Total: Rs, 1,32,750
Institute Fees: Rs. 1,14,250
Hostel Fees: Rs. 6,500
Mess Fees: Rs. 12,000
Mode of Admission:
JEE-Main followed by JEE-Advanced
Apply through JoSAA Counselling
Streams Offered and Seat Matrix:
|Civil Engineering – General Neutral||34||7158||9388|
|Civil Engineering -Female only||8||13878||14897|
|Computer science & Engineering – General Neutral||48||1384||2693|
|Computer science & Engineering -Female only||12||4426||5361|
|Data Science & Engineering – General Neutral||19||2359||3773|
|Data Science & Engineering -Female only||5||6644||6735|
|Electrical Engineering- General Neutral||46||3768||5366|
|Electrical Engineering -Female only||12||6184||9929|
|Engineering Physics – General Neutral||19||5788||9139|
|Engineering Physics -Female only||5||13757||14137|
|Mechanical Engineering – General Neutral||40||5368||7222|
|Mechanical Engineering -Female only||10||13106||13416|
|5-Year B.Tech + M.Tech. (Dual Degree)|
|Bio-Engineering – General Neutral||19||9796||12267|
|Bio-Engineering -Female only||5||13745||19319|
Average Package of CSE revolves around 10-11 Lakh.
For other branches, it decreases progressively, comes to about 6.5-7 Lakhs. Highest
domestic package recorded was Rs. 40 LPA and highest International Package offered was
by Google, which stood at Rs. 1.06 Crores.
Hostel and Mess:
• There are 8 hostels, 5 of which are for the boys
• 24*7 high speed internet
• A microwave oven for each hostel
• Water purifiers and water coolers
• The four new hostels have a study room on each floor. The study room consists of a
projector, a projector screen, a table with chairs and great lighting.
• Mess food is good to okay
• Athar Aamir Khan – 2nd rank in the Civil Services Exam, 2015. He completed his
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering in the Batch of 2010–14.
• Pradeep Seervi – He cracked Gate 2015 securing 1st Rank in Electrical Engineering.
IIT Mandi has the best student to faculty ratio because of its small batch size. Students
enjoy a close bond with the faculty members. Some of them also come out to play
badminton with students in the evening.
Most of them are friendly and experts in their fields.
Dr. Arti Kashyap is one of the renowned professors here.
• 70% attendance rule is there
• When it comes to sports, following facilities are provided: Football, Cricket,
Badminton, Table Tennis, Volleyball, Basketball, Chess and Swimming.
• You’ll have to sacrifice the city life, unfortunately. However there is one cinema
hall in Mandi but the condition is not so good. You won’t find malls nearby.