Stats & Ranking:
NIRF 2019: Ranked 6th
Established in 1847 during British Rule
365 Acres Campus
By Car: Traveling from Delhi, Roorkee is located towards north approximately 170
By Air: 70 Km from Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
By Railways: By train, it takes less than 3 hours and 30 minutes to reach Roorkee from
Delhi, so it is the fastest and most economical way of travel.
Institute Fees + Hostel Fees+ Mess Fees : Rs. 1,46,250
Mode of Admission:
JEE-Main followed by JEE-Advanced
Apply through JoSAA Counselling
• Olympic sized swimming pool
• 3 basketball courts with floodlights & electronic scoreboard
• Indoor badminton hall, apart from badminton courts present in hostels
• Rowing facility (Ganges river)
• Cricket field with A.C. pavilion, bowling machine & 3 training pitches
• International standard football ground
• Hockey stadium with stands for spectators
• Grass as well as Synthetic courts for Lawn Tennis
• 4 indoor squash courts
• Table Tennis room, hostels have T.T. tables
• Volleyball ground
This year the overall average CTC turned out to be 14.727 Lakh INR.
Microsoft Redmond and Uber International offered the highest paying packages of INR
1.5 crores and INR 1.20 Crores respectively.
Uber India, Microsoft, JP Morgan, Mercari were among the other high payers with
packages above 30 Lakh INR.
Companies that came to hire for software profiles offered an average of INR 23.15
Lakhs whereas core engineering profiles offered an average CTC of INR 10.19 Lakhs.
Read more on: http://watchout.iitr.ac.in/2019/06/placements-at-iitr
Faculty is good, some of the professors have excellent teaching methods, while you’ll
find some who will bore you with their PPTs.
• Hostels nhi, Bhawans!�
• 10 boys’ hotel, 3 girls’ hostel
• Freshmen get Rajendra Bhawan, which is arguably the best hostel at IITR
• Rooms for freshmen are either single or double
• Rooms are allotted based on Jee AIR, most of the top rankers get single rooms, i.e mostly
CSE and ECE students.
• Toilets are cleaned everyday but there are some loopholes in sanitation
• Bed, Almirah, Fan, Study Table, Plug Points, LAN cable are there in every room
• Internet is top notch
• Every Bhawan has its own gym
• Every Bhawan has 1 canteen too
• TV room, barber shop, stationary shop, washing machine, etc. are there too
• Mess food is not like food but like a medicine that gives energy for daily work
• No variations in meals as well, food is bland
• Food is good in the starting, but as time passes, quality decreases exponentially
• But the Bhawan canteens will keep you satisfied, for your midnight cravings
• Mr. Jaiprakash Gaur: Founder, Jaypee Group of Companies
• Mr. Mangu Singh: Chairman, DMRC
• Mr. Pradip Baijal: IAS and former Chairman, TRAI
• Mr. Amit Singal: Former Senior Vice President, Google
• Mr. Naveen Jain: Founder, InfoSpace
• Mr. Vineet Khatri: Prominent Educator, Unacademy
• Thomso is the annual cultural fest of IIT Roorkee
• Jubin Nautiyal, Salim-Sulaiman, Farhan Akhtar have performed
• During winters, the temperature falls down to as low as 1–20 oC. In summers the
temperature goes up to as high as 41–43 oC.