Stats & Ranking:
• NIRF 2019: Ranked 35th (improved a lot since last year)
• Established in 1961
• 300 Acres Campus
• It is one of the 31 Institutes of National Importance, which is a big achievement
• By Air:
The nearest Airport is the Calicut International Airport, which is 40 km from NIT Calicut
• By Train:
One can reach NIT Calicut from the Kozhikode (Calicut) Railway Station by taxi,
autorickshaw or bus. The distance is 22 km.
• Institute Fees: Rs. 1,37,000
• Hotel Fees+ Mess Fees: Rs. 57,000 Total: Rs 1,94,000
Mode of Admission:
• Apply through JoSAA Counselling
Streams offered, Seat Matrix & Cutoff
• Physical education in UG curriculum
• 4 sq. km area of green area for jogging /walking.
• Olympic sized swimming pool
• Skating rings
• Fully working Gymnasiums.
• Football, basketball grounds are well maintained
• TT tables and all indoor games are present
This year the overall average CTC turned out to be 9.7 Lakh INR
Average Package for CSE was 15 Lakhs
The highest paying package was of INR 50 lakhs.
Oracle, Microsoft, JP Morgan, Cisco, Deloitte, MRF, TATA were among the other high payers
with packages above 20 lakhs.
• Faculty is good and qualified.
• Faculty has freedom to design syllabus and they get it approved by senate before
• 82% of faculty has a doctorate.
• Has a decent research atmosphere
• Hostels are hell
• 11 boys’ hostel, 2 girls’ hostel
• 4 people in one room in 1st 2nd and 3rd year
• Though rooms are meant to have 3 tenants hence only 3 cupboards, proper space for 3 beds
and 3 charging points only.
• Hostels have common room and recreational centres with newspaper, magazine and TV
• Internet is good most of the times but sudden disconnections are common
• From second year no restricted entry exit time for boys, for girls, it is 9PM.
• Electricity cuts are common
• Guards and Managers only speak in Telugu (Get ready to play Dumb Charades)
• Mess food is good on some days and bad on other days
• Total 11 mess options to choose from
• No variations in meals as well, food is bland
• Mr. Jishnu Raghvan: Indian Film Actor
• Mr. Hillol Kargupta: Co-founder, President of Agnik(Data analytic company)
• Mr. John Mathai: Former Cheif Secretary of Kerela,India
• Late Mr. K T Ligesh: Owner of Lxlabs/HyperVM/Kloxo
• RAGAM is the annual cultural fest of NIT Calicut.
• Farhan Aktar and Shankar Mahadevan are some of the guest highlights.