Stats & Ranking:
NIRF 2019: Ranked 51st
Established in 1986
320 Acres Campus
The campus is situated at Anu in Hamirpur district of Himachal Pradesh. The city of
Hamirpur is well connected with the rest of the country by road. Hamirpur is at a
distance of about 480 Kms from Delhi.
Una (Himachal Pradesh) is at a distance of 80 Kms from Hamirpur. Una is well linked to all
parts of India and journey is of nine hours from Old Delhi Railway Station.
The nearest airport is at Dharamshala which is about 75 Kms(2 hrs.) from Hamirpur.
Institute Fee: Rs. 76,400
Hostel Fees+ Mess Fees: Rs. 28,400 Total: Rs, 1,04,800
Mode of Admission:
Apply through JoSAA Counselling
Streams Offered and Seat Matrix:
• SAP labs, HSBC, PayTm, UTC, UHG, Samsung, Maruti Suzuki, L & T, Bloomberg
were the major recruiters.
• Average Package offered: Rs.6.78 LPA
• Highest Package offered: Rs. 1.2 Crore
• Almost all faculty has a PhD, and professors are nice too.
• But, the lectures can seem monotonous after some months and you get tired then.
• Research is not encouraged as such, and there are minor cases of professors
favouring students of Himachal Pradesh(Home State) as well.
• Mr. Vijay Shankar Dogra is quite famous for his behaviour and teaching methods
among the students at NIT Hamirpur.
Hostel & Hostel Mess:
• In NITH, boys change hostels every year and get a new room.
• 4 years, 4 different rooms, and sometimes different roommates as well.
• In-time is 9:30 PM, but hostel staff is lenient in case of boys. Obviously, there are
official in-times, but nobody follows them seriously.
• Common TV room is also there.
• Lots of trips to Manali & Shimla, cuz why not?�
• Kailash Hostel is provided to freshers(boys). Food in this hostel is the best in NIT-H.
• There’s an indoor badminton court as well.
• However, Internet problems are there.
• Food is not good in Himadri(2nd year boys) & Neelkanth hostel(3rd year boys).
However, it is decent in Manimahesh hostel(final year boys)
• Kumar Vijay Mishra(2003): M.S. Mathematics from University of Iowa, is a post
doctoral fellow there
• Mr. Arpit Khurana(2011): CEO, IndianBongs
• Mr. Bhushan Kumar(1994):Associate Vice President, Jupiter International Ltd.
• A standard size stadium with provision of pavilion has been provided to the student
where the games like Cricket, Football, Basketball, Athletics, Lawn Tennis and
Volleyball are played.
• You have classes from 8:30 to 5:00, 5 days a week.
• Hamirpur is not a big city so you won’t find shopping malls, KFC, Dominos but
there are some decent eating spots in and around the campus.
• Hillfair is the annual cultural fest of NIT-Hamirpur. The Local Train has performed
here in the previous years.