Stats & Ranking:
• NIRF 2019: Ranked 21st
• Established in 1960
• 300 Acres Campus
• By Air: Mangalore international airport is just 18 Km away
• By Railways: Mangalore central railway station is just 19 Km away
Institute Fee + Hostel Fees + Mess Fees: Total: Rs 1,30,000
Mode of Admission:
Apply through JoSAA Counselling/CSAB Special Round
Streams offered, Seat Matrix & Cutoff
Home State (Karnataka)
• International standard Swimming Pool
• Wooden and Concrete Badminton Courts
• Tennis Lawns, Kho-Kho and Kabaddi Grounds
• Basketball, Football and Cricket grounds
• Hockey field and Squash also present
• 400 mts. Athletic track
• Standard wrestling mattress
• Well equipped weight training gymnasium
• Every major company that recruits in India recruits from NIT Surathkal.
• This year the overall Average CTC turned out to be 11.90 Lakh INR.
• The Average Package for CSE fluctuates around Rs. 15 Lakh.
• DeShaw offered highest paying package of INR 42 lakhs.
• Microsoft offered package of INR 32 lakhs
• Dell, Uber, Myntra, Microsoft, IBM, Qualcom, McAfee were among the other top payers.
• 77% of faculty members hold PhDs
• Known for its Research Culture
• Raised 13+ Crores in sponsored research funds.
• There are 12 Boys’ Hostels and 5 Girls’ Hostels and 1 international hostel
• Has multiple dining rooms with variety of cuisines
• Freshers are given Triple sharing rooms.
• Almirah, Bed, Mirror, Fan, all the basic amenities are present
• Hostels have TV/Common room, Gym
• Central laundry facility available
• Student transportation facility
• High speed internet & 24*7 electricity
• Taste of food depends in hostel/block you stay
• Mostly, food isn’t great at all
• Both south Indian and north Indian food is served
• Not like maa ka khana, but not like ghatiya khana too
• Has its own Beach
• Big Library spread across 2,758 sq. Metres with 1.3 lakhs Books
• It has two shopping centres
• Has 2 canteens and 4 cafeterias
• Post office and ATMs facilities also available
• Healthcare centre with 3 doctors
• Accommodation arranged for visitors
• Annual cultural college fest is called INCIDENT
• Footfall of more than 40,000 people
• Arman Malik, Shankar Mahadevan, The Local Train have previously performed here.
• Mr. Rajeev Madhvan: Angel Investor and Entrepreneur
• Mr. Thomas Zacharia: Computer Scientist
• Mr. Askok Kheny: Film Actor
• Mr. Vishak Nair: Film Actor(Matchbox)
• Mr. K.V. Kamath: Chairman of New Development Bank
NIT Surathkal is one of the finest NITs in the country. It has a strong alumni network, students
can hone their skills with experienced professors and achieve success. Lots of fun and laughter
awaits you here as you can celebrate here with various cultural events and of course friends that
makes your college life worthwhile.