Stats & Ranking:
• NIRF 2019: Ranked 18th
• Established in 1984
• 250 Acres Campus area
• One Word for Placements: OVERHYPED
• When you’re among a pool of around 8,000 students, you really have to fight your
way through Placements
• However, if you can hustle really hard, an average of 10 students every year are
placed in leading MNC’s at USA, UK, Ireland, Japan, China, Israel, Taiwan, UAE,
Kenya, Germany, Nigeria and Italy.
• Average CTC offered was 6.05 lakh with over 7027 offers in the year 2019
• Lots of offers, but majority in substandard companies
• More than 600 companies visited
• You have to be in the crème-de-la-crème to grab a good placement.
• Some of the regular recruiters are: Yamaha, Hyundai, Quest, Adani Group, Philips
limited, Amul and many more.
|Scholarship categories||Tution Fee (After deducting scholarship) per annum in INR|
Mode of Admission:
Apply with VITEEE Rank/ NRI quota
Student Intake every year is BONKERS!
Streams offered, Seat Matrix & Cut off
Computer Science(without any specialisation) has around 1200 seats.
• Outdoor Facilities include: Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Cricket, Handball,
Tennis, Throwball, Volleyball & Football
• The college also has a fully functional gymnasium
• Indoor sports include Chess, Carrom, Table Tennis, Weight Lifting
Why you shouldn’t join VIT?
• Overhyped Placements
• Lots of Students ~8000 in 1st Year
• General Public Perception of being a Lutera, Daaku, thief, etc. because of the
exorbitant category fees
• Some incidents of the North-South divide can be easily seen on Campus
• Students are generally very sad and depressed, VIT is like a jail
• The hostel facilities are good, clean and hygienic
• VIT, Vellore campus hosts 24 hostels, with 18 blocks for boys and 6 blocks for girls.
• Hostel will be allotted to you during counselling after you have been allotted a seat.
• Rooms are allotted on first come first serve basis. After Counselling, you’ll have to choose
between 3,4 or 6 bedroom options.
• Hostel fees also include laundry fees, which is 44 washes in one academic year
• All rooms are quite spacious and students accommodate them on sharing basis
• A great thing about VIT is the good quality food hostel mess offers
• You can take unlimited milk, sambhar and tea
• The food is provided 4 times a day
• Veg, Non Veg & Special Mess are Present. (Recommended: Special Mess J)
• A popular eating spot is the 600 square meters Food Court, that serves delicious
non-vegetarian and vegetarian food at reasonable prices
• Fast food outlets are also attached to both the Men’s and Women’s Hostels.
• Namo Kaul, Director of JEE and NEET at Unacademy
• Ansh Mehra: Participated in HackMIT, HackHarvard, Asia Semifinalist at Microsoft
Imagine Cup 2019, Currently Working as a Product Design Intern at Swiggy
• Rohit Chennamaneni, Co Founder at Darwinbox | Ex McKinsey and Google
• The campus is a self-sufficient enclave with black-topped, well-lit roads. Its facilities
include a Canteen, Chat and Bakery Food Courts
• V-Mart is a multipurpose shopping mall. It stocks a variety of student needs from
mattresses, clothing and accessories to greeting cards.
• Bus facilities are available for the day scholars.
• The college has separate gyms for men and women
• There is a health centre which runs 24*7 to cater to the needs of all students
• By Air: 128 km from Chennai International Airport
• By Railways: it is 2.9 km from Katpadi Junction (You can get a cab from the
Chennai Central Railway Station) to VIT Vellore
Great Things about VIT
• If you can get a GPA above 9.0, the attendance rule
won’t apply to you.
• The college has FFC card system (fully flexible
card). It allows you to select your place of learning,
your time of learning, your faculty
• VIT is a very green campus
• Lots of Societies, Lots of Workshops, Lots of Guest
Lectures, so the opportunity to learn is unlimited
• Some students are really talented, one can find
some of the best Designers, Coders and Web
Developers at VIT
• Annual cultural college fest is called RIVIERA
• It is an International 4-day event that consists of sports competitions, social and
cultural events along with concerts.
• It has a wide variety of competitions and events, which range from dramatic,
literary, musical, dance, debate events all the way to informal events.
If you’re ready to put your head down and really work hard for the next 4 years, VIT
brings in some amazing opportunities for you. However, please go to Thapar/ Manipal if
you have an option. Choose this over SRM.